Known for its remarkable Alpine beauty, Lake Lugano is also unique in that 63% of it is situated in Switzerland with the remaining 37% is in Italy.
Measuring some 48.7 kilometres in length and 279m in depth, the waters of this glacial lake are surprisingly warm – ranging from 19.5 degrees to 24 degrees in the summer months. Bathing is therefore a popular pursuit as evidenced by the 50 plus bathing establishments lining the Swiss shore!
Surrounded by majestic mountains, dotted with beautiful medieval villages and small towns Lake Lugano is an incredibly popular tourist attraction. Known for its gorgeous vistas, delicious food, festivals and opportunities for outdoor sports and activities it has so much to offer.